Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Konstantinos Provatas <ko...@hnet.teipir.gr> on 2005/03/02 22:17:12 UTC

Any traffic simulator/profiler tool available???

Dear all,

I wanna ask if there exists some kind of tool/application that simulates user traffic to a web site.
For example a tool that lets you set up 50 users that make certain requests, post certain form data etc
and of course profile these actions (maybe show charts, too).

Anyway, if no such tool exists, do you think it would be useful to have one or you have other
approaches in profiling and optimizing your web sites?

--
Thnx in advance,
 Kostas                          mailto:kosprov@hnet.teipir.gr

RE: Is it possible to harvest the form values and populate an

Posted by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@expensys.com>.
Frank,

Your understanding of my problem is spot on.
The first approach you suggest sounds good and appropriate -  I will give it
a go.

Many thanks...

Adam

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Re: Any traffic simulator/profiler tool available???

Posted by James Neville <ja...@babcockbrown.com>.
Konstantinos Provatas wrote:

>I wanna ask if there exists some kind of tool/application that simulates user traffic to a web site..

http://opensourcetesting.org/performance.php

We use Seige quite a lot, simple & effective:-

http://www.joedog.org/

James.

Re: Any traffic simulator/profiler tool available???

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <st...@anotheria.net>.
In fact we have this kind of tool, but it's special to our website, so it
will not help you much.
However, it wasn't a big deal to write such a tool using Jakarta Http Client
and some multithreading.

You should also look at Jmeter and HttpUnit, they provide similar
functionality out of the box (you have to implement the use cases).

Regards
Leon