Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 03:38:02 UTC

April Board Report

Anything interesting for the April board report?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: April Board Report

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:08:23 -0300, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
wrote:

>> Perhaps a tapestry-transaction-core for tapestry-hibernate-core to
>> build off of, or tapestry-jpa-core to build off of.
>
> Maybe even a tapestry-persistence which defines interfaces and
> services which need to be implemented by persistence strategies like
> JPA, Hibernate or even NeoDatis.
> I've built 2 persistence module for Tapestry, all based on
> tapestry-hibernate. It would be great to have the @CommitAfter and
> entity value encoder inside some shared module.

+1 to a tapestry-transaction package with a single transaction annotation.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
> Perhaps a tapestry-transaction-core for tapestry-hibernate-core to
> build off of, or tapestry-jpa-core to build off of.

Maybe even a tapestry-persistence which defines interfaces and
services which need to be implemented by persistence strategies like
JPA, Hibernate or even NeoDatis.

I've built 2 persistence module for Tapestry, all based on
tapestry-hibernate. It would be great to have the @CommitAfter and
entity value encoder inside some shared module.

          Piero

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de> wrote:
>> We've submitted some ideas for the Google Summer of Code. I am Ulrich will
>> be mentors.
>
> Is there some place where we can see these ideas? Ullrich mentioned
> JPA module is one of it, but I am interested if your vision about
> transaction support is in there as well... about the JPA module I am
> not sure it is neccessary, but well - it would be great to have
> support for it inside the main project.
>
>            Piero

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
We've labeled some tasks with gsoc in Jira.

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.

Re: April Board Report

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Our plans for a site and documentation rework maybe?

And of course live service reloading!

We also moved completely away from formos infrastructure and are now using only apache
infrastructure for repositories and ci.

Uli

Re: April Board Report

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
We've mentioned using Hudson in the previous report I think... but perhaps it'd
be interesting to include that we've recently also started running
browser/selenium
tests there

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 04:38, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anything interesting for the April board report?
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210