Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 04:39:05 UTC

I didn't understand why OAuth is required.

Hi guys...
I have been reading the Shindig docs and the posts on this mailing list. I
still don't understand why OAuth is being implemented. I know that it's like
OpenID. But what's the purpose of implementation in Shindig.

--
Akash Manohar
akashmanohar@gmail.com

Re: I didn't understand why OAuth is required.

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Brian
Could you please have a look at this post in the Open Social group?
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-container/browse_thread/thread/c7e25403ecf68b6b
I am posting about implementing containers in that topic.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Jan 28, 2008 1:19 PM, Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2008 9:05 PM, Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow....
> > That nice...
> > Brian could you please post on what should be done to get the php
> version
> > upto date with the OpenSocial release (0.7)...
>

> Am trying to figure that out, actually. I want to make the PHP backend
> work
> the same as the Java so that the same concepts and javascript apply --
> less
> conceptual space to fight with. I don't have the details down to a list,
> though :-(

In that case, we'd have to have the Java impl. support opensocial-0.7 in the
first place! :)

I think the first step is getting a working, flexible "opensocial-0.7"
feature implemented in the first place. We should start by modifying
opensocial-samplecontainer to hook up to real data sources.

~Kevin

Re: I didn't understand why OAuth is required.

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.
On Jan 27, 2008 9:05 PM, Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow....
> That nice...
> Brian could you please post on what should be done to get the php version
> upto date with the OpenSocial release (0.7)...

Am trying to figure that out, actually. I want to make the PHP backend work
the same as the Java so that the same concepts and javascript apply -- less
conceptual space to fight with. I don't have the details down to a list,
though :-(

-Brian

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Wow....