Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2019/08/14 20:45:08 UTC

Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Hi Podlings!

in less than a month we're going to have our first
ApacheCON this year -- the one in Las Vegas. In
about two month there will be one more in Berlin.

These are not your regular ApacheCONs -- these are
20th Anniversary of ASF ApacehCONs! In other words,
these are not to be missed!

And even if your talk didn't get accepted -- you still
get an opportunity to highlight your project to, what's
likely going to be the biggest audience attending.

Here's how: if you (or any community member who's
passionate about your project) are going to be at either
of those ApacheCONs consider signing up for
    Podling's Shark Tank
events:
    https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/s/#/scheduledEvent/1038
    https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/podlings-shark-tank

Each project presenting will get ~10 min for the pitch and ~5 min
of panel grilling them on all sorts of things. Kind of like this ;-)
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmenN7NEdBc

You've got nothing to lose (in fact, the opposite: you're likely to get
a prize!) and you will get a chance to receive feedback that might
actually help you grow your community and ultimately graduate to the
TLP status. And! Given our awesome panel of judges:
     * Myrle Krantz
     * Justin Mclean
     * Craig Russel
     * Shane Curcuru
We guarantee this to be a fun and useful event for your community!

We will be tracking signups over here:
     https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA19PodlingSharkTank
     https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU19PodlingSharkTank
but for now:

SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS EMAIL if you're interested.

It is first come, first serve -- so don't delay -- sign up today!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 8:06 AM Supun Kamburugamuve <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are thinking about proposing a project to the incubator. Would this be
> open to such a project?

Given that we're already oversubscribed -- we can only allow existing
podlings at this point.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuve <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuve <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <mu...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Apache Ratis is interested too. We will like to present as part of
ApacheCon Vegas.

Webpage: http://ratis.incubator.apache.org/

Thanks,

Mukul

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Hello Roman,

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
I always failed following simple directions :face-palm-emoji:

Sign me up for Vegas to talk about Apache Heron.

- Josh

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
"but for now:

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

Posted by Ning Wang <nw...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Berlin sounds like a nice business trip. :D

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:33 PM Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> wrote:

> If anyone is going to ApacheCon in Las Vegas this would be fun to do.

Ning Wang

Fwd: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
IoTDB Podling is Interested!

Julian

Am 15.08.19, 15:04 schrieb "Dmytro Liaskovskyi" <Dm...@epam.com.INVALID>:

    DLab podling is interested

    DMYTRO LIASKOVSKYI
    Software Engineering Manager

    Office: +380 322 424 642 x 57729 <tel:+380%20322%20424%20642;ext=57729>   Cell: +380 97 341 1315 <tel:+380%2097%20341%201315>   Email: dmytro_liaskovskyi@epam.com
    Lviv, Ukraine   epam.com <http://www.epam.com/>

    CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
    This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

Posted by John Youngseok Yang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gon,

I sent an e-mail to Roman, but unfortunately he told me yesterday that all
spots are taken.
Nonetheless I'll try to connect with the folks at the conference

Thanks,
John

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
John,

FW: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Yay, we are in both Cons : )

Julian

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
Hi All!

Posted by John Youngseok Yang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gon,

Thanks for your mail. This looks interesting, and the schedule does not
seem to conflict with the main Nemo talk.
I'll give it a shot. Hope it helps Nemo to graduate to the TLP. :)

Cheers,
John

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
And on the first release I had a non binding vote : )
Ah, yeah, those where the times :D

Am 15.08.19, 08:51 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    And one box of beer would have been a party 😉... And the codecentric finka was big enough for all of us... Now we need a bigger finka 😉

    Chris

    Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

    ________________________________
    Von: Christofer Dutz
    An: dev@iotdb.apache.org

    Definitely yes,

    The shark tank is definitely an entertaining format many people attend. Even ones that might not be planning to go to your talk.

    More publicity is good.

-----------------------------------

AW: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

WG: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
I am a committer on DataSketches, a relatively new Podling and would like
to present at the Shark Tank at ACNA19, if possible.

I tried the above links but none seem to work  :(

Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
This is an opportunity. In Berlin.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
I am interesting. I hope bring podling ShardingSphere to take part in Shark
Tank for ACNA & ACEU both if passable.

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> 于2019年8月15日周四 下午6:14写道: