Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anton Jansen <gr...@fmf.nl> on 2001/12/15 22:33:26 UTC

Url handler (Cocoon/OpenOrb/Tomcat 4.0.1 mix)

An application I have written uses the cocoon work frame in which a java
class is compiled which uses the OpenORB. Their is a problem with the
initialisation of the ORB, it tries to add a url handler and for some reason
tomcat doesn't like this (see
http://openorb.exolab.org/list-archive-dev/msg01505.html). I have tried to
add the jar file containing the orb into the common directory which doesn't
help and added the catalina.out file giving full permision to every class,
but this has also no effect.

What i want to know is, how do i give my openorb classes in tomcat
permission to adapt the url handler?

Versions:
OpenORB 1.1.0
Cocoon 2.01
Tomcat 4.0.1

Re: tom4 session and loadbalancing / Distributed Session Management

Posted by Tom Drake <rt...@pobox.com>.
Michael:

I've been focusing on finding paid work, however, the Tomcat side
of things is pretty much done. What remains is:

- Completion of Valve (that notifies session manager when a request
  is complete). Craig tells me the code for this needs a little work, and
  I'm waiting for him to provide some more details about this.
- Session ID mangling.
- Apache Connector changes - No action has occurred on this,
  I'm dependant on someone else making these changes. I'm hoping
  that Costin will do this when he's done with the 4.02 release work
- Final integration and testing

Note. The 'session' locking feature that I added is probably not necessary
as long as server / session affinity is in place. This should either be
disabled
or made 'optional'.

Lastly, I got to thinking that it should be possible to have a Tomcat only
load balancing / fail-over solution. What's needed is a Tomcat front-end
on which is deployed a new servlet that would do a simple round-robin
load-balancing, but when jsessionid's are present, route them to the
session host only, unless the session host doesn't respond, in which case
it should be re-routed to another available instance.

So, I started writing some code to do this, and then got side-tracked
looking
for work again. Nasty things, bills.

I'm still plugging away, however,

Tom

Posted by Michael Remme <mr...@braintags.de>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Michael Remme <mr...@braintags.de>.
Tom, i love you :-)

and by the way my wife, too, since the last nights i was sitting til 5 in
front of several PCs and after ...

Re: InitialContext

Posted by renyu teng <re...@yahoo.com>.
sorry, found the typo.

thanks.

cheers
teng

InitialContext

Re: Url handler (Cocoon/OpenOrb/Tomcat 4.0.1 mix)

Posted by Anton Jansen <gr...@fmf.nl>.
Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Jansen <gr...@fmf.nl>.
I have tried it with and without the security option both instances fail. I
have an explicit grant for the
jar file containing openorb.

The dump you wanted:
exception : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Cannot create resource URL.
Please set the openorb.home property.
at
org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.Configurator.parseSpecialArgs(Configurator.java:418
)
at org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.Configurator.(Configurator.java:81)
at
org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.OpenORBLoader.init(OpenORBLoader.java:111)
at org.openorb.CORBA.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:645)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:125)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.ajathena.submissions_xsp.(submissions_xsp.java:72)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguag
e.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:148)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:321)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:271)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:188)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator
.java:170)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(Ab
stractEventPipeline.java:142)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEven
tPipeline.java:239)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.generateKey(Cachi
ngEventPipeline.java:99)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:277)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.ajathena.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN400039(sitemap_xma
p.java:616)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.ajathena.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:368)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.ajathena.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:316)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:163)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:114)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN400238(sitemap_xmap.java:34
15)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2602)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2483)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:163)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:114)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:647)
at
FilterChain.java:247)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
va:201)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
:163)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
1011)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/security-manager-howto.html

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.