Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/10/27 00:55:57 UTC

[m2] Mojo prerequisites?

Is it possible for a Mojo to specify that some other goal for some other
plugin needs to happen before my Mojo can execute?  In my specific case,
my plugin does some post-processing of the Javadocs generated by the
javadoc:javadoc (or javadoc:jar) goals.  Is there a way for me to ensure
this has happened and execute that goal if it hasn't?

..David..

Re: [m2] Mojo prerequisites?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 16:55 -0600, David Jackman wrote:
> Is it possible for a Mojo to specify that some other goal for some other
> plugin needs to happen before my Mojo can execute?

You can only do this with mojos/goals within the same plugin.

> In my specific case,
> my plugin does some post-processing of the Javadocs generated by the
> javadoc:javadoc (or javadoc:jar) goals.  Is there a way for me to ensure
> this has happened and execute that goal if it hasn't?

There is the notion of executing up to a particular phase like the
"site" phase but you probably don't want to have to wait until the whole
site is generated for your mojo to fire.

You could make a simple custom lifecycle in your plugin which has your
post-processing mojo. And that will require some more docs :-) You can
look at the clover plugin for an example of a plugin which provides its
own lifecycle.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)