Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/18 01:07:40 UTC

Re: find the date when table is created

Is it possible to get the date/time when a region/table was last accessed ?

Thanks

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
In theory maybe, if you mined the hadoop datanode logs and checked for
read on a block that you knew belonged to a specific region.

But generally speaking, no.  And unlikely to as well.  It's like atime
on filesystems.  No one does that anymore.