Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com> on 2007/11/09 14:59:38 UTC

Monitoring CXF Webservices

Hello,

I am doing some planning for production deployment of the web services I
am developing and am wondering about the best way to implement heart
beats / diagnostics for the  services themselves.  Is there a way to
trivially enumurate through the services, display basic info (basic
config info, name etc) and do some trivial test besides just returning
the whole WSDL or writing an additional function?  Was just wondering if
there was something baked in.

I would envison this as something that would run in the same tomcat
instance (like a another servlet) that I would access through an admin
console I write.

Thanks for any help!

-Tony

RE: Monitoring CXF Webservices

Posted by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com>.
Thank you for the tips!

Posted by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com>.
Hrm, in the servlet I wrote (basically turned that management class into
a servlet) I just get blank output most of the time - it seems like it
maybe one out of ten times it actually returns the endpoint info.

Any thoughts?

Posted by "Jiang, Ning (Willem)" <Ni...@iona.com>.
In theory, if your server and consoler are in the same JVM you do not need to start a RMI server.
But I don't think current CXF instrument manager provide this kind of feature.

Anyway, you can fill a JIRA to add your wishes.

Willem.

Posted by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
FYI