Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Budi Kurniawan <bu...@cse.unsw.EDU.AU> on 2002/11/02 01:21:43 UTC

Security threat with enabling invoker servlet in 4.1.12

Hi,

I've browsed the user list for this question but could not find the
answer. Apologies if this is not the right question for this list.

The release note in 4.1.12 says that the invoker servlet is turned off in
the default web.xml for security reasons. However, in the examples
app's web.xml the invoker is on.

My questions are:
1. What security threat is that?
2. If it is not safe to turn it on in the default web.xml, is it safe to
do so in the app web.xml?

thx,
budi

Re: Security threat with enabling invoker servlet in 4.1.12

Posted by Budi Kurniawan <bu...@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>.
Thanks Martin,
budi

Posted by Martin Algesten <ma...@taglab.com>.