Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se> on 2007/08/11 19:21:14 UTC

Paging Navigator

Hi! I'm totally new to Wicket and I like very much so far. I've bought the
book Pro Wicket and have started to go thru all examples.

I'm facing a problem. I have implemented the PagingNavigator. The markup is
very strange. I don't want Wicket to add span, em when the link is not
active. How can I control this?

// Mathias

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can always extend it to do what you want.

those components are pretty old, been untouched since probably before
1.0because they seem to work for the vast majority of users. if you
want to
improve it you can always attach a patch to jira.

-igor

Re: Paging Navigator

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i think this is the only place we put markup into code. and it is because
this is a global setting, so what markup template would it go to? and
because the html fragment itself is tiny - usually just a single tag.

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
Thanks!

It works fine.

// Mathias

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> I had hoped for a HTML template to fix this. I have extracted the
> PagingNavigator.html from the wicket source, extended PagingNavigator and
> edited the html template. Just hoped that the "no link" element were there
> but it wasn't.

It could have been implemented like that, but PagingNavigator
currently uses Link instances, and that is the component that does
this stuff. It may be not the most elegant solution, but nice about
this setting is that it is global and thus is applied to any inactive
link throughout your application.

Eelco

Re: Paging Navigator

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Thank you for that fast response. Work fine. I'm just wondering. Isn't it
> against good web programming rules to add HTML code in the java code? Isn't
> that what all new template based frameworks ( Struts 2, Tapestry, etc ) is
> trying to avoid?

You should keep it to a minimum for sure. But in this case it is just
very practical to do it like this.

Eelco

Re: Paging Navigator

Re: Paging Navigator

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
myapplication.init() {
getmarkupsettings().setdefaultbeforedisabledlink("<div>");
getmarkupsettings().setdeefaultafterdisabledlink("</div>");}