Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by McEs <mc...@km.ru> on 2001/11/07 08:54:27 UTC

j_security_check

Hi.
I've installed Tomcat 4.0 and try to use Realm JDBC (Posgres).
I moved the test realm's folders (from Tomcat's examples section) to
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/ROOT/test/
and after logon with correct name|pass my browser show me the message:
----------------

 HTTP Status 404 - /test/protected/j_security_check

The requested resource (/test/protected/j_security_check) is not available.

RE: j_security_check

Posted by Wai-Yip Tung <wt...@cisco.com>.
Some more idea,

* Use forward instead of redirect to the login page so user never see the
login page's URL.

* Pollute the login page's URL with time stamp and cryptic URL encoded
stuff. This should discourage user from coming back to the login page.

Wai Yip Tung

Re: j_security_check

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: j_security_check

Posted by McEs <mc...@km.ru>.

Re: j_security_check

Posted by raj <ra...@clarologic.com>.

Re: j_security_check

Posted by David Rault <da...@free.fr>.
> What's this the "j_security_check" ????

it's part of the J2EE spec

it tells the servlet engine to call _its_ login servlet so that to identity
the client with the information found in web.xml (security-* elements),
tomcat-users.xml (depends on web.xml) and the information provided by the
user

form-based authentification is always the same :

a form which should look like this a lot

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">
<input type="text" name="j_username">
<input type="password" name="j_password">
</form>

see the servlet 2.3 spec for more details

David

Re: j_security_check

Posted by McEs <mc...@km.ru>.
Thank you for reply.

It was by default:
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/examples/jsp/security/protected/login.jsp

then I moved (entire folder protected)  to:
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/ROOT/test/protected/login.jsp

Re: j_security_check