Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Brian Olsen <br...@mmmanager.org> on 2002/06/03 16:31:22 UTC

Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment

Hey,

Is anyone currently working on the above two things???

Otherwise have some time I would like to spend on those two things.

Regards Brian

Re: Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:31, Brian Olsen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Is anyone currently working on the above two things???
>
> Otherwise have some time I would like to spend on those two things.

As for the VFS layer. There has been work done on that in ant project under
CVS directories

jakarta-ant-myrmidon/aut/**/vfs/**

It should be a great starting position for you to work with.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner

Re: Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
> What I meant by remote SAR deployment was simply the appility to have
> phoenix download a SAR file from a remote location and running it. In
> essence I was going to make the deployer support other URL's than "file://"
> and be able to have different Policies depending on wether the SAR is in the
> apps dir or downloaded from a http server.

that'd be cool. If this turns out to be a lot of code / complexity it'd
be better to create a new deployer implementation than modify the
current default deployer.

> After having looked around in the code I think that the best way to do would
> be to implement it is using the VFS code that is in Myrmidon.

we think so too. The guy behind that is also the guy behind a lot of
phoenix, as you probably know =)

Pete, you working on this right now?

I'd say "yes, please!" to it, basically. Peter (of the Donald variant)
is the guy for pointers, if you need 'em...probably best to modify the
bugzilla entry so it lists you working on this stuff.

Oh, patches welcome in bugzilla or alternatively directly to this list
=)

cheers,

- Leo

Re: Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Brian,

>Oh now I propably know why u asked :-)

:-)

>What I meant by remote SAR deployment was simply the appility to have
>phoenix download a SAR file from a remote location and running it. In
>essence I was going to make the deployer support other URL's than "file://"
>and be able to have different Policies depending on wether the SAR is in the
>apps dir or downloaded from a http server.
>
>After having looked around in the code I think that the best way to do would
>be to implement it is using the VFS code that is in Myrmidon.

Cool.  Sounds like you the guy with the skills :-)

- Paul

Re: Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Brian

Posted by Brian Olsen <br...@mmmanager.org>.
Hey Paul,