Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Cheng Zhang <zh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/29 08:50:46 UTC

newbie question --- multiple schemas

Hello,

Is it possible to define more than one schema? I'm reading the example schema.xml. It seems that we can only define one schema? What about if I want to define one schema for document type A and another schema for document type B?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin

Re: newbie question --- multiple schemas

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
have two different cores and you can have separate schema for each.

--
--Noble Paul

Re: newbie question --- multiple schemas

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is it possible to define more than one schema? I'm reading the example
: schema.xml. It seems that we can only define one schema? What about if I
: want to define one schema for document type A and another schema for
: document type B?

there are lots of ways to tackle a problem like this, depending on your
specific needs, some starting points are...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes

-Hoss