Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Airton <ai...@unitau.br> on 2002/08/16 18:35:38 UTC

non-existent user and customized answer

How to:

- notice senders who have sent message to a non-existent user he has made it
- notice everyone who send me messages that I'm on vacation, e.g., or "I've received your message..."

thanks

RE: non-existent user and customized answer

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> - notice senders who have sent message to a non-existent user he has made
it

See the NotifySender mailet.

> - notice everyone who send me messages that I'm on vacation, e.g.,
> or "I've received your message..."

At the moment, this is probably better done in someone's mail client.

This would be a nice little project for someone to work on.

For someone starting from scratch, they could see how the list command code
works, and create new "vacation manager".  Instead of subscribe/unsubscribe,
you'd go on vacation, return from vacation.  Instead of a list server, a
mailet would send back an on-vacation notice.  The command to go on vacation
could include the custom note to be echoed back.  When we have generic
attribute support for users, the meta data could be stored in the user
repository, but until then it will have to be stored separately (e.g., a
VacationData table).

	--- Noel