Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2020/10/06 21:25:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc1

Dear MXNet community,

This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0. Voting will start October 6, 23:59:59 PDT and close on September 9, 23:59:59 PDT.

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.8.0+Release+Notes

Link to release candidate:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.8.0.rc1

Link to source and signatures on apache dist server:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.8.0.rc1

Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
+1 = approve
+0 = no opinion
-1 = disapprove (provide reason)

Here are the changes comparing to 1.8.0.rc0:

* backported PRs that were directly merged to v1.7.x (were missing from v1.x so also missing in v1.8.x)
* fix for oneDNN/intGemm problem
* fix for split_and_save
* fixes for extensions

Best regards,
Sam Skalicky

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc1

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Yang Shi <ya...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
Correction on close of voting month: September --> October

On 10/6/20, 2:26 PM, "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID> wrote:

    Dear MXNet community,

    This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0. Voting will start October 6, 23:59:59 PDT and close on October 9, 23:59:59 PDT.

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

-[Y] Are release files in correct location?
-[Y] Do release files have the word incubating in their name?
-[Y] Are the digital signature and hashes correct?
-[Y] Does DISCLAIMER file exist?
-[Y] Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?
-[Y] Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct?
-[Y] Is the NOTICE year correct?
-[Y] License information is not mentioned in NOTICE?
Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:
-[Y] Does the software have a compatible license?
-[Y] Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE?
-[Y] Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE?
Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:
-[Y] Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE
file?
-[Y] Do all source files have ASF headers?
-[Y] Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version
control?
-[N] Are there any unexpected binary files in the release?
-[Y] Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear?

Built MXNet from source using instructions at [1] on an Ubuntu 18.04 Deep
Learning Base AMI, with CUDA v11.0 and cuDNN v8.0.2 on AWS P3.16x (V100)
instance. Ran ResNet50 model training and inference.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/1.8.0.rc1/docs/static_site/src/pages/get_started/build_from_source.md#building-mxnet

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc1

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manu Seth <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dick Carter <di...@apache.org>.