Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Delany <de...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/07 14:30:30 UTC

reopening closed tickets

Hi Maven,

What factors are necessary to reopen a ticket?
Given that a closed ticket cannot be voted on, and will probably not appear
on most people's radar, it seems futile to comment on the ticket itself.

Between adding myself to the "Watchers" list and offering up an
incontestable PR to banish the problem once and for all, what are my
options?

Kind regards,
Delany

( I'm specifically thinking of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-2751 )

Re: reopening closed tickets

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Delany,
the issue you are referring to seems to have been "closed as
incomplete" in 2014.
I think that it is legit to re-open it (and I did it).

I don't know the details, but especially now that you have a PR there
is enough to resume the discussion.

You did well in writing here in dev@, most of the people don't care
much about the flood of JIRA notifications.

I hope that helps
Enrico