Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Unger Richard <ru...@camino.at> on 2002/09/11 10:54:34 UTC

AW: Authorization through LDAP

Hi There!

While I do not know enough about slide yet to say for sure, I think that
what you propose is definately possible. The design of slide seems to
support the idea of using different stores for different parts of the
domain.

Another comment I have on this is that tomcat supports LDAP based
authentication using JNDI, which in turn has an LDAP module. It would seem
efficient to me (in terms of amount of work required) to use this tomcat
solution. Thus the slide-store would be a connector between slide and the
tomcat user database, or perhaps JNDI directly. See Tomcat 4.1.x ...

Richie