Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by trodi <t_...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/02 21:46:05 UTC

Safari hangs on ajax form submit

This problem is only present when using Safari (Chrome, FF, and IE work fine.
Specifically I found this in Safari 5 on Windows 7). Also, only when using
ajax buttons for both forms submittal, rather than a vanilla form submission
for the second form.

I have two forms on a single page, the second one isn't visible on page
load. When you submit the first form I change the visibility so that the
first form is invisible and the second is visible:
pTarget.addComponent(_form1.setVisible(false));
pTarget.addComponent(_form2.setVisible(true));

In Safari only this result in neither form rendered after submission.
Switching the order in form1's onSubmit() rectifies the immediate problem:
pTarget.addComponent(_form2.setVisible(true));
pTarget.addComponent(_form1.setVisible(false));

However, now when you submit the second form, the client hangs on "INFO:
Response parsed. Now invoking steps..." It never gets to the submit button's
onsubmit(). It gets stuck while processing "steps" in the processNext()
function of Wicket.FunctionsExecuter in wicket-ajax.js and so it never calls
the final success function, hence the hang.

As a work around, you can change the first form's onSubmit() to this:
pTarget.addComponent(_form2.setVisible(true));
pTarget.addComponent(_form1.add(new SimpleAttributeModifier("style",
"visibility:hidden")));

Is there a real fix for this? It seems like there may be a bug in how
wicket-ajax.js handles Safari. Thanks.

Re: Safari hangs on ajax form submit

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
1.4.18 is being voted at the moment.

Branch: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.4.18/
Maven Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewicket-001
Non-Maven Build Artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~jrthomerson/wicket-1.4.18/

This vote ends Monday, August 8th at 5:00am (GMT)

Test it and tell us if you find any regressions.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM, trodi <t_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Miklosko wrote:
>>
>> Where did you see 1.4.18?
>> I do not see it on SVN https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/
>>

> I figured that from
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3820>
>
> "Igor Vaynberg added a comment - 21/Jun/11 06:13
> it bit me earlier today. this is something we will need to fix in 1.4.18"
>
> I didn't see anything stating how far 1.4.18 was from release.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Safari hangs on ajax form submit

Posted by trodi <t_...@hotmail.com>.

&lt;https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3820&gt;

Posted by Peter Miklosko <pe...@gmail.com>.
Well that is sort of obvious based on current versions pattern ;)
Is there any expected date for release?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Miklosko <pe...@gmail.com>.
Where did you see 1.4.18?