Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mos Constantin <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/13 10:36:11 UTC

[PROPOSAL]

I would like to propose that the user can set up a shortcut keys when he want to insert a special character.
 These keys should be automatically saved to be used later (they can also be modified if the user deems necessary).

This would make many users lives more easier.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
I'm understand, your a genius.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Have you tried it?

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by David B Teague sr <da...@comporium.net>.
Agree. Thanks. You can record a macro and assign it to a key.
David

On 2/13/2012 8:51 AM, Mos Constantin wrote:
> Because there is a natural way (to put it so) to write and when you use a computer program for this experience must be as close to natural. And then should be as easy for the user to write. That's why i do not think the Auto Corect Options solution is very good way .It is more a compromise solution.Can be used in the absence of something better, but ...
>

> ________________________________

nil significat nisi oscillat

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Mos Constantin <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Serdar Sahbaz wrote:
> i have in idea,we can include a new feature in the software like "see a keyboard on bottom of the screen"the keyboard could be switched between different existing keyboards or customised with the characteres you need without changing the system keyboardthen you see on screen how your keyboard will react if you press one or another touchfor the switching i imagine that some key combinations could be easy to do like alt+shift+ 1 for the system keyboard, alt+shift+2 for another predefined keyboarduser can adapt them for their needs

In another note, I mentioned using the U.S. International keyboard.
When you use that, the keyboard behaves exactly like a regular U.S.
keyboard, except if you use the right alt key, you can then enter a wide
variety of other characters.  I included some info on this in that other
note.  This function is available in Linux, Windows and probably Mac
too.  All you have to do is enable it.  I have also seen utilities that
provide other characters and remember, back in the DOS days, when you
could hold the Alt key and then enter the character number, using the
number pad keys.

RE: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Serdar Sahbaz <le...@msn.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au>.
The proposal was to provide a key binding which would be a lot faster than finding a character in a table.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by doug <dm...@optonline.net>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by David B Teague sr <da...@comporium.net>.
Why not?

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Mike Scott <mi...@scottsonline.org.uk>.
On 13/02/12 21:27, James Knott wrote:
> Why not just enable multiple keyboards and select the one you need? For
> example, I enabled the International English keyboard and can use
> characters such as these: áéúüó

Can I point out please what seems to have been missed, but I think James
has implied? Special character entry is really an OS issue, not an
application problem, and is properly addressed at that level. Yes,
clearly you can work round it using OOo's auto-correct or macro
facilities - but then you have to get idiosyncratic workarounds for
other applications too, and end up with a right old mess.

By way of example of a better possibility, a quick check on ubuntu shows
a package called 'gok' which appears to be an on-screen keyboard of
programmable layout. (Not that I've tried it!) No doubt there are
windows equivalents.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Mos Constantin <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Mos Constantin <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry for my weaker English, but the idea is to set  the keys that you agree. However, i admit i do not understand well what you mean by "macro".

________________________________
You can do it now but you need a small macro to which you would assign a key binding.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au>.

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 02/13/2012 04:36 AM, Mos Constantin wrote:
> I would like to propose that the user can set up a shortcut keys when he want to insert a special character.
>   These keys should be automatically saved to be used later (they can also be modified if the user deems necessary).
>
> This would make many users lives more easier.

That's a good idea.  Probably the shortcut keys should be on the
function keys. There aren't enough other keys
that can be spared for this kind of use.

--doug

Re: [PROPOSAL]

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Mos Constantin schrieb:
> I would like to propose that the user can set up a shortcut keys when he want to insert a special character.
>   These keys should be automatically saved to be used later (they can also be modified if the user deems necessary).
>
> This would make many users lives more easier.

You can try whether a translation of
http://www.ooowiki.de/TastaturAnpassen is good enough for understanding.
The page contains several solutions to insert special characters by
keyboard.

Kind regards
Regina