Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ha...@informatiefabriek.nl on 2003/05/12 11:20:39 UTC

Re: Linux install?

Maybe you should ask this on some other mailing list...
But, to get you going. Most Linux distro's can be installed from FTP.

Just create some boot floppies and install from FTP...

Good luck,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

"yuvarajk" <yu...@questech.co.in>
05/12/2003 11:23 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
Linux install?

Hi
I have windows operating system. i dont have cd rom & floppy drive with my

laptop. i download the linux from internet. How to install linux without
using cdrom and floppy drive. i need dual bootable (windows and linux).Now
have windows only. how to do?
by yuvaraj.k
Any Opinions, explicit or implied, are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily
represent those of Questech. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error)
unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

[OFF-TOPIC] Re: Linux install?

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Floppy drive is unavailable.

You have two options:

1) repartition your drive using a Windows utility like Partition Magic to
provide an empty partition (1-2GB) in addition to your Windows partition,
then install Linux to that partition.

2) Leave everything the way it is, and check out the Windows-friendly
distributions of Slackware, BigSlack and ZipSlack:
http://www.slackware.org/zipslack/

John