Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/29 05:31:15 UTC

[GSoC] selection process

Hello fellow students,

Let me explain few details concerning GSoC selection process.

1. Last year our project got three student slots. This was maximum among
Apache projects. This year we have more applications than number of last
year slots.

2. This means you should demonstrate how good you are in creating patches.
The more patches, the better. Patches should be checked via compilation and
test run. Note, during selection phase you compete against every other
student in every other Apache project.

3. This year I plan to host a "agile" daily status meeting for
participating students (5 min per student + a report). Be prepared for
daily progress.

4. Many students, esp. from Russia, are not selected due to missing
deadlines. This simple.