Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Jared A. Zebedee" <ze...@cs.queensu.ca> on 2007/09/01 05:55:58 UTC

Problem with TopicExpression

I have built a Resource which has one Topic declared in the TopicSpace
document.  The Topic uses the ResourcePropertyValueChange mechanism, so its
name matches one of the Resource Properties that the Resource defines.

For some reason, when I retrieve the TopicExpression Resource property, it
returns a list of values matching every Resource Property that my Resource
has.  This occurs when I do not have any <Staticvalues /> entries for
TopicExpression declared in the Metadata descriptor.  Shouldn't
TopicExpression be empty unless <StaticValues /> entries are declared in the
Metadata descriptor?

When I try adding <StaticValues /> Metadata Elements for TopicExpression in
the Metadata Descriptor, I get the following exception when attempting to
retrieve it:

java.lang.RuntimeException: [ID = 'NoSetter'] The capability class class
org.apa
che.muse.ws.notification.impl.SimpleNotificationProducer does not have a
setter
method for property
'{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2}TopicExpression', so it
 cannot perform WSRP 'set' operations (delete, insert, update) on it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Jared Zebedee

RE: Problem with TopicExpression

Posted by "Jared A. Zebedee" <ze...@cs.queensu.ca>.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

Does this bug affect J2EE MINI code as well as J2EE AXIS2?  (I only see the
error when I've generated AXIS2 engine code, but still don't see the correct
values in TopicExpression if I use the Mini SOAP engine).   Also, why am I
seeing a list of all Resource Properties in TopicExpression?  Is this the
default if no <StaticValues /> are specified in the Metadata Descriptor?

Thanks!

Jared

There is a bug open about this - NotificationProducer needs a
setTopicExpression() method:

      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MUSE-228

Dan

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.