Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2019/10/26 20:58:47 UTC

javafx pom default goals

NetBeans 11.2 ran without issues from the vc1 file and again just now with the Windows installer. Activation, download of JavaFX and install of nb-javac all worked properly.

The only thing, and it was my fault, that hung me up us was that I did not know that when using the javafx-maven-plugin the goal for running the maven based program was javafx:run and not exec:java. May I suggest for the next release that a default goal is added to the pom file. I recommend:
    <build>
        <defaultGoal>javafx:run</defaultGoal>
        <plugins>

Its great that the current JavaFX is supported.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D58C1C.AF21D2A0]
Ken Fogel
Faculty / Java Champion
email: kfogel@dawsoncollege.qc.ca<ma...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca>
phone: (514) 931-8731 local 4799
Dawson College, 3040 Sherbrooke St. W Westmount, Quebec, H3Z 1A4, Canada
[facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/ken.fogel> [twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/omniprof>  [youtube icon] <https://www.youtube.com/kenfogel>  [linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenfogel/>  [instagram icon] <https://www.instagram.com/omniprof/>
[cid:image008.jpg@01D58C1C.AF21D2A0]<https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/>

Re: javafx pom default goals

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
That's a great solution, wasn't aware that was possible.

The other approach, though less easy to implement, requiring an extension
to the API, is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3104

Benefit of the above is that we'd be able to provide multiple predefined
actions, not just for running.

Also be aware of these:

https://github.com/openjfx/javafx-maven-plugin/pull/44

https://github.com/openjfx/javafx-maven-archetypes/pull/6