Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Antony Stone <An...@spamassassin.open.source.it> on 2015/10/29 21:24:49 UTC

Re: Warning while running spamassassin on the message

On Thursday 29 October 2015 at 18:29:27, junk@lexoncom.com wrote:

> I use procmail
>
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | spamassassin
>
> I run
> sudo spamassassin -t -d --mbox /home/user/mail/INBOX.spamtest
>
> sudo spamassassin --mbox /home/user/mail/INBOX.spamtest
>
> there is only one message in spamtest mbox

So, you're using procmail - which user does that rule apply to?

It looks rather to me as though procmail (your normal way of invoking
spamassassin) runs as "you", and then you're trying to run spamassassin from
the command line as root.

Not surprising if you get different results.

If my assumption here is incorrect, please provide further details so we can
try to provide further diagnosis.

Regards,

Antony.

PS: Please reply to the list.

--
Success is a lousy teacher.  It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
lose.

 - William H Gates III

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: Warning while running spamassassin on the message

Posted by ju...@lexoncom.com.
> On Thursday 29 October 2015 at 18:29:27, junk@lexoncom.com wrote:
>
>> I use procmail
>>
>> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
>> * < 256000
>> | spamassassin
>>
>> I run
>> sudo spamassassin -t -d --mbox /home/user/mail/INBOX.spamtest
>>
>> sudo spamassassin --mbox /home/user/mail/INBOX.spamtest
>>
>> there is only one message in spamtest mbox
>
> So, you're using procmail - which user does that rule apply to?

global procmail file /etc/procmail

> It looks rather to me as though procmail (your normal way of invoking
> spamassassin) runs as "you", and then you're trying to run spamassassin
> from
> the command line as root.

both tests are run via sudo but with different variables thats why
different results