Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jack Lauman <jl...@nwcascades.com> on 2004/01/19 01:48:09 UTC

SQL / Date query

I'm trying to create a JSP page the will display rows of a table
beginning on the current date and ending at a total of 7 days.

The following query works in MySQL but returns the following error
when attempting to run the jsp:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
   SELECT date, time, am_pm, height, cond
   FROM cherry_point_tides
   WHERE date BETWEEN CURDATE and CURDATE() + INTERVAL 6 DAY
: Column not found,  message from server: "Unknown column 'CURDATE' in
'where clause'"
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

Re: SQL / Date query

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
Hi Jack,

Looks like you forgot to user parentesis in the first CURDATE. Your WHERE
statement should be:

WHERE date BETWEEN CURDATE() and CURDATE() + INTERVAL 6 DAY

Regards,

Felipe