Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/12/21 18:00:09 UTC

Re: ServletContextListener - how to detect http path of web application?

Tim is right, you can't do it directly.  You *might* be able to construct
it in a roundabout way though...

Let's assumg you know the method, http vs. https, and its always one or
the other.  Let's also assume that the <display-name> element in web.xml
names the application context (i.e., if the URL is http://myserver/myapp,
then <display-name>myapp<display-name>.  I believe the following (without
actually trying it) would work...

String s = "http://";
s += new InetAddress.getHostName();
s += "/" + servletContext.getServletContextName();

Kind of hack solution, but it might be OK for your application (assuming
it actually works!)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect