Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Tomsic <pt...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/04 20:36:12 UTC

passing authentication credentials from apache to tomcat 4.1.12?

Has anyone does this successfully?

I am able to successfully have Apache authenticate
against a AuthDB file (configured w/ the mod_auth_db)
and I'm able to have Tomcat handle *.jsp files
successfully, but when I try to

request.getRemoteUser()

It gives me a NULL

any thoughts on this?  Is there some type of setup
that I'm missing?

Re: passing authentication credentials from apache to tomcat 4.1.12?

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.
set tomcatAuthentication=false in your ajp connector xml.
Then it should recognize the apache authorized user.

Worked for us.

-Dennis

Posted by James Shvarts <ys...@columbia.edu>.
try setting tomcatAuthentication="false" on the Ajp13Interceptor in the
server.xml file if you want use the web server's authentication.

_James