Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 21:31:39 UTC

Re: Question regarding Dependent scoped beans and Interceptors/Decorators

Hi Joe;

Yeap this is the current situation at OWB. I have not found any valuable
information about this topic from the specification too. But spec. says that
@Dependent scoped beans are not proxied. From this statement, I though that
I not intercept/decorate dependent beans. Maybe this is not correct!

Mark, could you ask about it to Pete Muir :)?

Thanks;

--Gurkan

--
Gurkan Erdogdu
http://gurkanerdogdu.blogspot.com

Re: Question regarding Dependent scoped beans and Interceptors/Decorators

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu
<cg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe;
>
> Yeap this is the current situation at OWB. I have not found any valuable
> information about this topic from the specification too. But spec. says that
> @Dependent scoped beans are not proxied. From this statement, I though that
> I not intercept/decorate dependent beans. Maybe this is not correct!
>
> Mark, could you ask about it to Pete Muir :)?

FWIW, my take on the proxy issue was that while normal scope
contextual instances MUST be a proxy, pseudo-scope beans are _not
necessarily_ a proxy.

IOW which of these is intended in 299:

  [ ] contextual instance of normal scope MUST be a client proxy,
contextual instance of  pseudo-scope MAY be a proxy
  [ ] contextual instance of normal scope MUST be a client proxy,
contextual instance of  pseudo-scope MUST NOT be a proxy

(might be worth kicking up to Pete at the same time)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Question regarding Dependent scoped beans and Interceptors/Decorators

Posted by Sven Linstaedt <sv...@googlemail.com>.
Afaik dependent scoped beans should inheret the lifecycle of these
beans they are injected into. Since they only live within the
"context" of a single other bean they do not need to proxied, which
does not mean from my point of view they must not get a full
interceptor/decorator stack.

Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans
are useful or necessary?

br, Sven