Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org> on 2003/07/11 00:16:21 UTC

new Access Controller

Why is the role of the new AccessController component related to unicms
within cocoon.xconf?

<component role="org.apache.lenya.cms.ac2.AccessController/unicms"
class="org.apache.lenya.cms.ac2.DefaultAccessController"
logger="lenya.ac.accesscontroller">
<accreditable-manager type="file">
<parameter value="context:///lenya/pubs/unizh/config/ac" name="directory"/>
</accreditable-manager>
<policy-manager type="file"/>
<authorizer type="policy"/>
<authorizer type="workflow"/>
</component>

Does this mean I have to register for each publication an
AccessController within cocoon.xconf if I want
to assign one to each publication? I think the publication should be
"self-contained" by default and the location of  the actual
configuration should be configured within the publication itself, which
would also allow  to reuse the access controller
of an another publication. Therefore I don't think it makes sense to
have the actual configuration within cocoon.xconf

Another problem is that the unizh publication is not a Lenya sample
publication! So in order to do a quick fix
I would suggest to replace "unicms" and "unizh" by something more generic.

Thanks

Michael

Re: new Access Controller

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Why is the role of the new AccessController component related to unicms
> within cocoon.xconf?

This is only temporary. In a preceding mail
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel/728)
I already mentioned this issue. We should agree on a solution
until the next milestone.

> Another problem is that the unizh publication is not a Lenya sample
> publication! So in order to do a quick fix
> I would suggest to replace "unicms" and "unizh" by something more generic.

OK, I can put the config files into the default publication.

Andreas