Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com> on 2005/04/08 17:16:58 UTC

report_safe doesn't seem to work since FC3 upgrade

I upgraded to FC3 this last weekend and I just noticed today that the mail
in my junk folder are not encapsulated/wrapped like they were before.

I checked my config file and have:

required_hits 4.5
rewrite_header Subject **SPAM(_SCORE_)**
report_safe 1
use_bayes 1

So it seems ok, but it's definitely seeing spam, milter-tagging it and then
filing it without wrapping it anymore.

Anyone having the same issue?

RE: report_safe doesn't seem to work since FC3 upgrade

Posted by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com>.

> For those of us who use mail clients that understand what headers like
> mean, replying to a message in a thread to ask a different question means
> that
> we may or may not see your question (as it may be nested way down in an
> existing thread).
>
> Hence, you hijacked a thread to ask a new question.  As the other poster
> said,
> message -> new to ask new questions that are unrelated.

Thanks, a way more polite response as I'd expect from a fellow Englishman.
:-)

Good to know that there are thread indexes in the headers, I hadn't noticed
it. In future I'll start clean new messages.

Re: report_safe doesn't seem to work since FC3 upgrade

Posted by Duncan Hill <sa...@nacnud.force9.co.uk>.
On Thursday 14 April 2005 13:12, Chris Harvey typed:

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Chris Harvey wrote:
>>The problem with your setup is with spamass-milter, not SpamAssassin.
>

> And people exclusively ask questions about SA on here? Never ever one on the
> milter?

Perhaps I should have been a little more verbose -- I wasn't saying not
to ask your question here.  It's not a SpamAssassin config issue it's
likely a config issue with the spamass-milter.

Your maillog paste doesn't show the Subject: header being modified, it
only shows the X-Spam headers being added.  This may be a symptom of the
'-m' option being present in the call to whatever the spamass-milter
executable is.

As for the lack of encapsulation, in the 60 seconds or so of looking
through the spamass-milter documentation to find the -m option info, I
didn't see any mention of encapsulation -- I don't think it's possible
with this milter.

Daryl

RE: report_safe doesn't seem to work since FC3 upgrade

Posted by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com>.

Posted by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com>.
OK.. last request. I think I've sent this in three times now and not even
seen one response which is quite amazing for this list.

I'm having a hard time believing I'm the only one running this combination
of software.

I've stopped 1,128 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam and fraud protection at
http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?

header:

Posted by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com>.

Posted by Chris Harvey <sa...@e-harvey.com>.