Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by David Arno <da...@davidarno.org> on 2012/02/21 11:06:36 UTC

RE: [gosh] Compiler choice [was Goshawk language choices and more]

I sought clarification on this from Deepa at Adobe's Update on Flex session
in London last night. Apparently there will basic MXML support in the
compiler when it is released to Apache at the end of the year, but Adobe
fully expect the community to have to do most of the work in getting full
MXML support into the compiler. I did ask if they could release the MXML
part to us earlier so that we can start work on it sooner, but the answer
was no, for the two are too tightly bound together.

Frustrating, but not unexpected, news I feel.

David.