Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2010/01/26 21:31:39 UTC

Libraries included in ofbiz: was Re: svn commit: r902716 [1/2] - in /ofbiz/trunk: framework/images/webapp/images/rate/ specialpurpose/ebay/ specialpurpose/ebay/config/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/helpdata/ specialpurpose/ebay/servicedef/ specialpurpose/ebay/src/org/

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> BTW, it's a bit out of subject but I asked recently if we should stll
> maintain
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz,
> because if I recall well lately it was not done, but nobody answered to
> my question.
> So here it is again :o) should the community continue to maintain this
> document or not ? In other word are there still some persons interested
> by this document? For what is it used now ?
>
> Without answers I will consider that it's not important anymore, but I
> don't think so, it could turn in a very convenient document at any
> moment....

That page needs to be automated.  Expand the syntax of LICENSE in
trunk, to include more metadata that is easier to extract, and convert
it into html.

Having the same info copied to multiple places, maintained by hand, is
the wrong approach.

ps: It's common etiquette to change the subject when converting one
thread to another discussion topic

Re: Libraries included in ofbiz: was Re: svn commit: r902716 [1/2] - in /ofbiz/trunk: framework/images/webapp/images/rate/ specialpurpose/ebay/ specialpurpose/ebay/config/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/helpdata/ specialpurpose/ebay/ser

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
specialpurpose/ebay/ specialpurpose/ebay/config/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/helpdata/
specialpurpose/ebay/ser

> From: "Adam Heath" <do...@brainfood.com>
>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> BTW, it's a bit out of subject but I asked recently if we should stll
>>> maintain
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz,
>>> because if I recall well lately it was not done, but nobody answered to
>>> my question.
>>> So here it is again :o) should the community continue to maintain this
>>> document or not ? In other word are there still some persons interested
>>> by this document? For what is it used now ?
>>>
>>> Without answers I will consider that it's not important anymore, but I
>>> don't think so, it could turn in a very convenient document at any
>>> moment....
>>
>> That page needs to be automated.  Expand the syntax of LICENSE in
>> trunk, to include more metadata that is easier to extract, and convert
>> it into html.
>>
>> Having the same info copied to multiple places, maintained by hand, is
>> the wrong approach.
>>
>> ps: It's common etiquette to change the subject when converting one
>> thread to another discussion topic
>
> Yes, sorry for the thread hijacking, I wonder if this page is worth such a work, we could simply refer to NOTICE and LICENCE.
> I think in the meantime I will mark it as deprecated.
>
> Jacques

Done, marked http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz,
 as deprecated

Jacques