Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com> on 2017/01/30 11:06:11 UTC

How to improve SQL testing

Hi

Hi reviewed the links below (thanks for Vova Ozerov to pointing me) and
found that the provided solution is really excellent!
Unfortunately we can't use it as is (from my standpoint) due lacks of
Python support in Ignite but we can re-use that idea for Ignite and make
SQL combinations coverage significantly better.

I filed the ticket IGNITE-4627 Tester for SQL functionality
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4627>

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

[1] https://www.voltdb.com/blog/testing-voltdb-sqlcoverage
[2] https://github.com/VoltDB/voltdb/tree/master/tests/sqlcoverage

--
Sergey Kozlov
www.gridgain.com

Re: How to improve SQL testing

Posted by Oleg Ostanin <oo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

If there are no objections, I'd like implement this feature.

Oleg

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Evgeniy,

AFAIK YCSB is used for NoSQL database benchmark, right? This is not exactly
our case, because we are going to test pure SQL.

Posted by Evgeniy Stanilovskiy <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Alexey, I suppose that it's a hard way to do that and at least see a few
disadvantages below:

1. The VoltDB has no multithreaded mode. It means huge execution time
consumption (say we talk about thousands statement multiplied on caches
count, it's the millions of queries).
2. We should add support of Ignite.
3. We should add support of H2 as base engine for us (MySQL/Postgress have
less priority)
4. They run it under Jenkins so we need to integrate it with TC somehow.

From my standpoint better to make the utility in Ignite than spending time

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Sergey,

--