Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bryan Mishkin <bm...@hoovers.com> on 2005/05/11 15:57:55 UTC

Cactus and Ant Integration

All:

I have a question concerning the 'Cactus' custom ant task.

I have it setup and running tomcat but the temp tomcat instance isn't
picking up on my context descriptor named 'hes-test.xml' so I wanted to
utilize the nested conf attribute.  I tried the following:

              <tomcat5x
                  dir="${tomcat.home}" port="8080">
			<conf>
				<fileset
dir="${tomcat.home}/conf/Catalina/localhost>
					<includes name="hes-test.xml"/>
				</fileset>
			</conf>
              </tomcat5x>

That didn't work - the error was something like 'Nested file sets not
allowed'.  Can someone provide me a working example of utilizing the 'conf'
nested element?

I have the following currently

<cactus warfile="${dir.dist}/hes-test.war" fork="yes"
              failureproperty="tests.failed">
            <classpath>
              <path refid="classpath.utilize.tests"/>
            </classpath>
            <containerset timeout="180000">
              <tomcat5x
                  dir="${tomcat.home}" port="8080">
              </tomcat5x>
            </containerset>
            <formatter type="xml"
                 usefile="true"
                 extension=".xml"/>
            <batchtest todir="${dir.reports.xml}">
                <fileset dir="${dir.src.test}">
                    <filename name="**/Test*.java"/>
                    <not>
                    <or>
                    <filename name="**/*TestConnectionProxy.java"/>
                    <filename name="AllChimpTests.java"/>
                    <filename name="TestChimpSuit.java"/>
                    <filename name="TestCactusSuite.java"/>
                    <filename name="**/*Search*.java"/>
                    <filename name="**/*TestClobsWithPool*.java"/>
                    <filename name="**/*TestChimpTeamView*.java"/>
                    <filename name="**/*TestCurrencyFormatter*.java"/>
                    <filename
name="**/*TestDataSourceManagerConnection*.java"/>
                    </or>

                    </not>

                </fileset>
            </batchtest>
        </cactus>

Bryan T. Mishkin
IT Content Systems Team Lead
Hoover's Inc.
(512)374-4586 (external)
x44586 (internal)
http://www.hoovers.com

The information contained in this communication is confidential. This
communication is the property of Hoover's, Inc. and is intended only for the
use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
me promptly and delete the message. Any distribution or copying of this
message without my prior consent is prohibited.

Posted by Alvin Antony <Al...@consol.de>.
I am not sure, but i Think the conf is itself an extension of fileset,
so the error message is correct "'Nested file sets not
allowed'"!!!

HTH
Alvin

alvin.antony@consol.de                     ConSol* Software GmbH
Phone +49-89-45841-191                     Consulting & Solutions
Fax   +49-89-45841-111                     Franziskanerstr. 38
Mobile+49-160-97340713
http://www.consol.de                       81669 München

Besuchen Sie uns auf der Midvision/Midrange 2005 in Karlsruhe vom
8. bis 9. Juni 2005 im BPM-Vision-Pavillon, Halle 1, Stand E50/1