Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2015/11/18 07:39:39 UTC

Next Flex SDK release

Hi,

I’ve just started up a discussion about release the next version of the Flex SDK.

Are there any important bugs or regression issues you’d like to see fixed in this release? Remember however most of us working on this project are volunteers and do so in our spare time so it may not be possible to fix everything that gets suggested.

Thanks,
Justin

AW: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Weber Jan <Ja...@dallmeier.com>.
Hi,

I would like to see improvements towards databinding in Flex - more precisely, there should be a way to remove/dispose the databindings you state in MXML ("curly brackets").
Currently, it seems impossible to access the databindings the compiler creates when creating the databinding in MXML. This can easily lead to critical memory leaks.
I know that you can create databinding in ActionScript but it would be great to have the same functionality and accessibility in MXML (e.g. "unwatch").

Other than that I could think of advanced "dispose" methods for components destruction, where certain actions the user would have to trigger or execute manually, would already be bundled.

thx,
Jan

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
I would love to see a working version of the camera rotation (front camera
for example) but this looks more like an AIR problem.

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Alexander <al...@meetingsphere.com>.
On 18.11.2015 07:39, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve just started up a discussion about release the next version of the Flex SDK.
>
> Are there any important bugs or regression issues you’d like to see fixed in this release? Remember however most of us working on this project are volunteers and do so in our spare time so it may not be possible to fix everything that gets suggested.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

I like to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34248 (Text
Area using Stage Text cuts off text after losing focus on mobile
devices) fixed.

But a general question on ScrollableStageText, which became the default
for mobile skins.
The problem the ScrollableStageText has solved was that the original
StyleableStageText was not good when it was used in a component which
scrolled the whole TextArea or TextInput (a scrolling form or draggable
window).
As mentioned in the comments to the bug report the StyleableStageText
is not effected from the text cut off after losing focus. So I'm
considering using skins with a StyleableStageText as default and only
using a skin with ScrollableStageText when I really need it.
So the question is: if don't have a TextArea which changes its position,
does the ScrollableStageText has any other benefit over a skin using
StyleableStageText?

Thanks,
Alexander

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/21/15, 7:09 AM, "cforcloud" <cf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a example request. Whats the recommended way to use Stage3D with
>Flex
>applications. In particular, I want to use Away3D with Flex.

Did you get it to work?  Maybe you can provide the example.

-Alex

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 23, 2015 11:03 AM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 11/23/15, 10:25 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash
> Muppirala" <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't know if there is a recommended way though.  What exactly are you
> >looking for?
>
> Isn't there some sort of trick you have to use to see Stage3D in a Flex
> app?

Yes, since Stage3D is drawn behind the display list, we need to, at the
minimum, set the backroundAlpha of the top level  Application to 0.  And if
the Stage3D content needs to live inside a container, it's backgroundAlpha
should be set to 0 as well.

On top of that, since the UIComponent's layout mechanism does not affect
Stage3D content, all layout operations must be done on the Stage3D content
as well.

I have wrapped my Stage3D content inside a UIComponent, which has the code
to handle this.

I think that is pretty much it.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 7:09 AM, cforcloud <cf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a example request. Whats the recommended way to use Stage3D with
> Flex
> applications. In particular, I want to use Away3D with Flex.
>
> Thanks !!!

I am currently using Away3D with a Flex Mobile app and it works great.
There are a couple of hacks I needed to do to make it work, but no deal
breakers.

I don't know if there is a recommended way though.  What exactly are you
looking for?

Here is the AwayBuilder IDE which isbuilt entirely in Apache Flex:
http://awaytools.com/awaybuilder/live-tool/
The source code for AwayBuilder is available here:
https://github.com/awaytools/AwayBuilder/blob/master/awaybuilder-web/src/AwayBuilderApplication.mxml

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by cforcloud <cf...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

One thing to note is that it will be much easier to track these requests if
JIRA tickets were filed.  In those tickets, please add small code examples
that replicate the problems or feature requests.

Finally, create a new thread on the dev@flex.apache.org forums if you
create a new ticket.  In this thread, you can post your ideas on the
approaches to fix the issue, workarounds etc.  Such threads ensures that
more people get to look at the ticket and hence create a higher chance of
that getting fixed.

Regards,
Om

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Is this an AIR problem or a Flex problem?

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Re: Next Flex SDK release

Posted by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr>.
Hi, I have some request :)

- Is it possible to have contextual keyboard (SoftKeyboardType) in input
text, without using specific mobile spark skin ? For example, I want to use
classic text input web skin in mxml, and specify keyboard type on focus.

- Is it possible to include "accessibility" feature in a flex mobile
application ?
I just want to increase or decrease font size when user change accessiblity
font size property in device parameters. May be this feature must be
developped with ANE or in Air ?

Thx !

-----
Tonic