Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/02 13:57:57 UTC

CCLA question from the new Jena podling

Just a quick update on this:

UoB finally got back to me and -- good news -- it's Ray Crispin
(ex-labs, ex-appliance studio), which saves me some explanation.

He was broadly positive, although they've raised one concern at [1]
para 5: they don't generally provide representations, guarantees or
warantees, so the 'original work' might be a problem. Anyone from
Apache have any advice?

(clarification: nothing in jena is (c) University of Bristol, all of
my major contributions were done at HP. I have an eye on contributing
java-rdfa in the future, however)

Damian

[1] <http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt>