Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by James Wilkinson <sa...@aprilcottage.co.uk> on 2008/04/02 22:32:17 UTC

Re: Logging

Earlier, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Running from cron is only for things you want to run
> at regular intervals. It is not a valid way for starting daemons (ie:
> something you want to run once and leave running)

Actually, something like this (from man 5 crontab on Fedora 8) might be
relevant:

       These special  time  specification  "nicknames"  are  supported, which
       replace the 5 initial time and date fields, and are prefixed by the ’@’
       character:
       @reboot    :    Run once, at startup.

Skip may have permissions to edit his own crontab (with the crontab
command) and set a daemon going at reboot time.

There may be CPU time quota constraints, of course.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ |    "Just for once, I wish we would encounter an alien
aprilcottage.co.uk | menace that wasn't immune to bullets..."