Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> on 2003/09/12 00:29:00 UTC

RE: HiveMind feedback/questions

Mixing and matching technologies is very cool.  Some comments I made at the TSS were noted by the
Spring guys ... they are interested in adding line precise error reporting to Spring. Obviously, I
prefer HiveMind, and I'll continue to produce case studies to show why.  Spring has a huge head
start in terms of components/services already packaged, which will be the growth area for HiveMind.

I really think HiveMind has found a sweet spot where you can get a lot accomplished with very little
code ... and very little XML. I'll take another look at Spring when I have a chance, but I don't
think the distributed configuration aspects of HiveMind are anywhere else, outside of Eclipse
plugins ... and the "digester-lite" stuff shouldn't be discounted either.  Woops ... started
preaching there.

Anyway, that Tapestry+Spring doc is pretty darn cool.  We want Tacos to contain working examples
along those lines, templates for all kinds of projects. Hasn't happened yet ... still looking for
some leadership I guess. Soon.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components