Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Travis Stevens <Tr...@noaa.gov> on 2005/02/02 20:05:01 UTC

redefining and element

Hello,

It seems that the schema standard allows allows for element redefining
by adding an element to the end of the list of children.  I need to add
an element to the beginning.  I was wondering if anyone has found a way
to do this.

Example:
    <xsd:complexType name="stdorderType">
            <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:choice>
                            <xsd:element ref="nondig"/>
                            <xsd:element ref="digform"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                    </xsd:choice>
                    <xsd:element ref="fees"/>
            </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>

Needs to be redefined as

    <xsd:complexType name="stdorderType">
            <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element ref="resdesc" minOccurs="0" />
                    <xsd:choice>
                            <xsd:element ref="nondig"/>
                            <xsd:element ref="digform"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>