Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 07:33:43 UTC

tar task and folders

One more tar related issue. I noticed a subtle difference between Gnu
Tar and the tar task.

If you are tarring a folder structure with Gnu Tar then entries for
all folders will be created separately. The Ant tar task does not add
the folders as separate entries, unless you explicitly specify them.

In most cases this is not an issue, since applications extracting
files from tar archives will create the necessary folders. But not in
all cases. Some applications will fail because they expect the folders
to be listed first, and created.

Again, I can submit a bug report, but first I wanted to see if anyone
has suggestions in this regard.

Thanks,
Marius

--