Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jean-Marc Vanel <jm...@free.fr> on 2001/12/05 16:52:03 UTC

access to current dependancy and target file

Hello

Inside a <style basedir='...' destdir='...' > task, I'd like to have access, as ant-generated variables, to the current dependancy and target file (the equivalent of
$<  and  $@ in gnumake ).

Probably this could be generalized to <javac> and other tasks ...

It seems that this doesn't exist ?

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
jmvanel@free.fr

Information et Document
http://www.idocw.com

XML Publication
http://wwbota.free.fr/XMLPublication/doc/index.html
http://XMLPublication.org

Worldwide Botanical Knowledge Base
http://wwbota.free.fr/

Re: access to current dependancy and target file

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <jm...@free.fr>.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, Jean-Marc Vanel <jm...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Inside a <style basedir='...' destdir='...' > task, I'd like to have
> > access, as ant-generated variables, to the current dependancy and
> > target file (the equivalent of $< and $@ in gnumake ).
>
> Where inside the task?
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to do.  I could imagine
> you need it in nested params here,

Yes, something inside <style> , like:

 <param name="myparam1" expression="${ant.dependancy}" />
 <param name="myparam2" expression="${ant.target}" />

where, as I wrote, ant.dependancy  and  ant.target are generated by the <style> task, with a scope limited to this task .

In fact, this is not urgent, I have found another way around, which is adding XML comments at the begining of my XML file (in a preceeding target). I checked that they can be accessed in the stylesheet writing match="/comment()" .

Note : ${ant.target}could be called ${ant.result}, because "target" has another meaning in ant .

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, Jean-Marc Vanel <jm...@free.fr> wrote:

> Inside a <style basedir='...' destdir='...' > task, I'd like to have
> access, as ant-generated variables, to the current dependancy and
> target file (the equivalent of $< and $@ in gnumake ).

Where inside the task?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to do.  I could imagine
you need it in nested params here, but I have no idea where you could
use in a way

> generalized to <javac> and other tasks ...

Stefan