Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ilya Basin <ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 13:49:53 UTC

Re[2]: use version of some dependency for another dependency

WS> Set a property elsewhere in the pom (or further up the hierarchy) and
WS> use that for both versions:  ${foo.version}

I don't know the version of foo-api and foo-impl.

Re: Re[2]: use version of some dependency for another dependency

Posted by Gérald Quintana <ge...@gmail.com>.
foo-impl:1.2.3 should depend on foo-api:1.2.3. Then add a dependency
on foo-impl:1.2.3, and you'll get a dependency on foo-api:1.2.3.

Gérald

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Ilya Basin <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> WS> Set a property elsewhere in the pom (or further up the hierarchy) and
> WS> use that for both versions:  ${foo.version}
>
> I don't know the version of foo-api and foo-impl.

If your project code depends on it, you need to know.

If it's a transitive dependency, then it should be in the pom for the
project you depend on, and you won't need to worry about it --
complain to the developers of *that* project until they fix their pom.
 (How are they compiling if it's not in there?  Is it an optional
dependency?)

--
Wendy