Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sa_james <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/26 11:08:14 UTC

Re: Exchange is complete meaning

Still struggling a little bit with the meaning of "Exchange is complete".

Consider:

Route1: from("direct:A").to("direct:temp")
Route2: from("direct:temp").to("seda:temp")
Route3: from("seda:temp").to("mock:sink")

template.sendBody("direct:A", "message")

What does Exchange is complete mean?

Thx...

-----
Guile Newbie

Re: Exchange is complete meaning

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
I would think by default it would move the file after route 3 has finished
successfully. You could probably change that using seda queues.

Re: Exchange is complete meaning

Posted by sa_james <sa...@hotmail.com>.
*Does it mean that it is complete when it has gone through route3?*
The reason why I am asking is because, when using the file consumer, the
file will be moved into the .camel folder when */the exchange has
completed/*. Does it mean that the file is moved when it has passed route1
or when it has passed route3?
I turned on the tracer in the example above and it seems that the first
route acts as a parent to the following route. So completion happens in
route3, route2, route1. *Does it mean that if route1 was a file consumer,
the consumed file will be moved into the .camel folder only after the
exchange has gone through route3?*

-----
Guile Newbie

Re: Exchange is complete meaning

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Where do you see that? Or do you mean in general. I would imagine it means
that the exchange is no longer in transit? It has passed all the steps it
should without any errors.