Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ringo De Smet <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 10:12:14 UTC

maven-release-plugin: branch goal does not take same properties as prepare goal

Hello,

I am trying to automate the branching for a few hundred Maven
projects. The automation of creating a release works great using the
-DreleaseVersion and -DdevelopmentVersion properties using the prepare
goal. The documentation of the branch goals states this: "The branch
goal can use the same properties used by the prepare goal for
specifying the versions to be used." It seems that I can't use the
version properties from the release goal, but that I should specify
these:

project.[rel|dev].org.myCompany:projectA

However, these properties contain project specific information, which
means that I can't use the multi-module approach to automate the
branching for all my projects at once. Our versioning strategy always
takes the same major/minor number and branch name for modules going
together in a release.

Am I missing something? Any hints on how to get around this?

Ringo