Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yuheng Du <yu...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/30 01:00:03 UTC

connection time out

Hi guys,

I was running a single node broker in a cluster. And when I run the
producer in another cluster, I got connection time out error.

I can ping into port 9092 and other ports on the broker machine from the
producer. I just can't publish any messages. The command I used to run the
producer is:

bin/kafka-run-class.sh org.apache.kafka.clients.tools.ProducerPerformance
speedx2 500000 100 -1 acks=1 bootstrap.servers=130.127.xxx.xxx:9092
buffer.memory=67184 batch.size=8196

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Thank you!

best,

Yuheng

Re: connection time out

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.
I just ran in almost the same problem. In my case it was solved by setting
the 'advertised.host.name' to the correct value in de server properties.
The hostname you enter here should be resolvable from the cluster your
running the test from.

Re: connection time out

Posted by Yuheng Du <yu...@gmail.com>.