Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/15 01:06:53 UTC

VOTE: Release Apache RAT 0.7 rc3

Hi,

I'd like to ask for a release of Apache RAT 0.7 rc3.

The distribution files (binary and source) are here:

   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacherat-005/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.7/

The proposed site and the KEYS file are here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jochen/rat/site/
   http://people.apache.org/~jochen/rat/KEYS

The list of resolved issues is here:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310750&status=5&status=6&fixfor=12313890&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

Compared to RC2, the following changes have been made:

  - Added license headers to 3 Java source files.
  - Updated release notes.
  - Updated the year in the NOTICE file.
  - Added a download page.

Please, cast your vote.

[ ] +1
[ ] =0
[ ] -1

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: VOTE: Release Apache RAT 0.7 rc3

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-07-15, sebb wrote:

>> On 15 July 2010 00:06, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  - Added a download page.

> Which unfortunately does not have an AL header.

Has now in trunk.

> The generated output also looks odd, as the link has no text.

I've added the URL itself as text, YMMV.

> No AL header in:

> src/test/resources/javadocs/notjavadoc.html

> This might be deliberate, in which case it would be useful to add a
> comment in it to say so.

It isn't.  The test only asserts whether the file is a javadoc file or
not.  It now has a license header in trunk.

> Some missing EOL properties (this was done on SVN trunk)

fixed in trunk.

I've used the run-on-rat target in the example Ant build file on trunk
and all files should now have licenses or say they don't need one
(except for BUILDING.txt).

The missing licenses may be showstoppers.  The linefeeds are not,
neither is the content of the download page since we can modify the site
anytime anyway.

Stefan

Re: VOTE: Release Apache RAT 0.7 rc3

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15 July 2010 00:14, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 July 2010 00:06, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to ask for a release of Apache RAT 0.7 rc3.
>>
>> The distribution files (binary and source) are here:
>>
>>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacherat-005/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.7/
>>
>> The proposed site and the KEYS file are here:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~jochen/rat/site/
>>   http://people.apache.org/~jochen/rat/KEYS
>
> Where is the SVN tag?
>

>> The list of resolved issues is here:
>>
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310750&status=5&status=6&fixfor=12313890&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
>>
>> Compared to RC2, the following changes have been made:
>>
>>  - Added license headers to 3 Java source files.
>>  - Updated release notes.
>>  - Updated the year in the NOTICE file.
>>  - Added a download page.

Which unfortunately does not have an AL header.
The generated output also looks odd, as the link has no text.

No AL header in:

src/test/resources/javadocs/notjavadoc.html

This might be deliberate, in which case it would be useful to add a
comment in it to say so.

Some missing EOL properties (this was done on SVN trunk)

svn ps svn:eol-style native
apache-rat-core/src/main/java/org/apache/rat/ReportConfiguration.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
apache-rat-core/src/main/java/org/apache/rat/report/AbstractReport.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
apache-rat-core/src/main/java/org/apache/rat/report/claim/util/LicenseAddingReport.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native apache-rat-plugin/src/test/it3/src.apt
svn ps svn:eol-style native
apache-rat-tasks/src/test/resources/antunit/index.apt
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/site/apt/downloads.apt

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where is the SVN tag?

Where maven-release-plugin creates it: