Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by chaiavi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 13:22:01 UTC

calling the webService using a Java client

Hi,

I have a simple question:

I have created a wsdl and generated the wsdl2java task on it - and I have a
client jar (from these files as I've seen on some tutorials).

Now, how can I access the webService with a java file?
I know it's supposed to use a function from the generated java stubs, but
what is it called?

I saw a great document from IBM
(http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ag-axis2mig/index.html#resources)
revealing this code:
  AskPortTypeStub stub = new AskPortTypeStub(null,
"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/AskService");

where in their program "Ask" is the name of the original function.
so I figure that "AskPortTypeStub" is a function that was autogenerated from
their wsdl.
Where is mine?

Please help,
Chaiavi.