Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rubdabadub <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/04 10:12:58 UTC

phrase query problem .. how to?

Hi

Suppose you have a field name with data - Sony CLT2134 handheld
camera. When doing a phrase search like "Sony Camera" or "sony
handheld" -- Solr returns 0 results. Often time our searchers doesn't
know the model number but perform phrase search.. How do I solve this
issue?

Regards

Re: phrase query problem .. how to?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/4/07, rubdabadub <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Suppose you have a field name with data - Sony CLT2134 handheld
> camera. When doing a phrase search like "Sony Camera" or "sony
> handheld" -- Solr returns 0 results. Often time our searchers doesn't
> know the model number but perform phrase search.. How do I solve this
> issue?

If you are controlling the query structure you could
- use a sloppy phrase query... "sony handheld"~10
- use the dismax handler to create a different query structure
- don't use a phrase query at all... change the default operator to
and (q.op=AND)
  to require both terms.

-Yonik