Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/19 15:45:54 UTC

versioned jars and InstallShield

Hi,

is there anybody that uses Maven and InstallShield?

We have a problem using both together when we think about updates.
InstallShield can only update a file if it keeps the same name, but since
Maven puts the version in the name, we have a problem there. Has anybody
solved this problem in some way that is easy to maintain? Or can
InstallShield handle this but is our installer guy unaware of this?

regards,

Wim

Re: versioned jars and InstallShield

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/05, Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And in Maven 1.x ?
>
> 2005/9/20, Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>:
> >

> > If you don't want to use the default artifact naming convention used by
> > m2, you can set the filename of the package in your pom.xml like so:
> >
> > <project>
> > <build>
> > <finalName>name</finalName>
> > </build>
> > </project>
> >
> > with the above set, the output file will be: name.jar (or name.war,
> > whatever the pom packaging is).
> >

> > ^_^
> >

> > Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >is there anybody that uses Maven and InstallShield?
> > >
> > >We have a problem using both together when we think about updates.
> > >InstallShield can only update a file if it keeps the same name, but
> since
> > >Maven puts the version in the name, we have a problem there. Has
> anybody
> > >solved this problem in some way that is easy to maintain? Or can
> > >InstallShield handle this but is our installer guy unaware of this?
> > >
> > >regards,
> > >
> > >Wim

Look at the properites for the JAR plugin.
--
Jamie Bisotti

Re: versioned jars and InstallShield

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.