Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de> on 2005/12/12 08:35:01 UTC

Session cookies on Linux

Hi list,

I have a problem with session cookies on a Linux server. Both Tomcat
instances running on the machine don't seem to be able to store session
data in cookies. They otherwise work just fine, just no cookies. I have
obviously checked all browser settings as well as made sure that all
webapps in question have the cookie flag turned on. However, Tomcat is
still not setting any cookies...

My set-up:
- Suse Linux server (kernel 2.6.8-24.18-smp)
- Multiprocessor machine with 4 GB memory
- Sun VM 1.4.2_08-b03
- 2 Tomcat 5.0.28 instances

Maybe this is a problem with fileset permission's? Tomcat runs as user
tomcat and I think I checked each dir Tomcat needs to write into but I am
not sure where cookies are normally stored in. Is this the temp dir or
somewhere else?

I would be very grateful for any help or suggestions as to what to do to
get this fixed.

TIA, Jan

Jan Behrens
OFFIS
FuE-Bereich Betriebliches Informationsmanagement
Escherweg 2  -  26121 Oldenburg  -  Germany
Fon: +49 4 41 97 22 - 187  -  Fax:  +49 4 41 97 22-102
E-mail: jan.behrens@offis.de  -  URL: http://www.offis.de

Re: Session cookies on Linux

Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.
Guten Tag Martin,

thanks again - still no luck though :( I had a look at catalina.policy
(can't find java.policy) and there seems to be nothing wrong, plus Tomcat
is not started in secure mode so these shouldn't be used, or not?

Thanks, Jan

"Martin Gainty" <mg...@hotmail.com> schrieb am 12.12.2005 20:22:47:

> Guten Tag Jan-
> did you find any restrictions in java.policy file?
> Anyone else?

But
Can

Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Session cookies on Linux

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
sometimes the best answer is the most obvious
Wunderbar!
Martin-
Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Guten Tag Jan-

Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.
Hi Martin,

Re: Session cookies on Linux

Re: Session cookies on Linux

Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.
Anyone?

Re: Session cookies on Linux

Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.
Thanks for the input Peter. What I see now is even more confusing to me;

- Tomcat sets a cookie containing a session id X
- On the request however, the URL gets rewritten using session id Y (and X

Re: Session cookies on Linux

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.